How To Do Burpees Exercise Correctly – Hey guys!. In this post, I’ll be discussing How To Do Burpees Exercise Correctly. A burpee is a full-body exercise that involves several movements, including a squat, a push-up, and a jump. It’s often used as a conditioning exercise and is popular in many different types of workouts, including CrossFit, HIIT, and boot camp-style classes.
Here is a step-by-step breakdown of how to perform a burpee:
1. Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Drop down into a squat position, placing your hands on the ground in front of you.
3. Jump both feet back into a plank position, with your arms fully extended and your body straight.
4. Lower your body down towards the ground, performing a push-up.
5. Push your body back up into a plank position.
6. Jump your feet forward towards your hands, returning to the squat position.
7. Push off the ground and jump up into the air, reaching your hands overhead.
8. Land softly on the ground and return to the starting position.
The entire movement should be performed in a smooth and continuous motion. It’s important to maintain good form throughout the exercise, keeping your core engaged, your back straight, and your shoulders down and back. It’s also important to land softly and bend your knees to absorb the impact of the jump.
Burpees are a challenging exercise that can provide a range of physical and mental benefits. They can be modified to suit different fitness levels and goals, and can be combined with other exercises to create a challenging and varied workout.
Here are five burpee variations that you can try to add variety to your workout routine:
1. Push-up burpee: Begin in a standing position, then drop down to the ground to perform a push-up. From there, push up into a plank position, then jump your feet forward to return to a squat position, and finally jump up with your hands reaching overhead.
2. Tuck jump burpee: Start in a standing position, then drop down into a squat position and place your hands on the ground. From there, jump both feet back into a plank position, perform a push-up, then jump your feet forward towards your hands. As you come up, jump up and tuck your knees into your chest.
3. Broad jump burpee: Begin in a standing position and take a large step forward. From there, drop down into a squat position, place your hands on the ground, and jump both feet back into a plank position. Jump your feet forward towards your hands, and then jump as far as you can forward.
4. Star jump burpee: Start in a standing position, then drop down into a squat position and place your hands on the ground. Jump both feet back into a plank position, perform a push-up, then jump your feet back to your hands. As you come up, jump up and spread your legs and arms out wide to form a star shape.
5. One-legged burpee: Start in a standing position, then hop forward on one leg and drop down into a squat position. Place your hands on the ground and jump your other leg back into a plank position. Perform a push-up, then jump your other leg forward and stand up. Repeat the movement on the other leg.
Remember to start with the basic burpee and progress to the variations that challenge you, while still maintaining good form. These variations can help keep your workout interesting and challenge different muscle groups.
Here are seven burpee benefits explained in detail:
1. Improves cardiovascular fitness: Burpees are a high-intensity exercise that raises your heart rate and breathing rate, making it an excellent cardiovascular workout. Performing burpees regularly can improve your heart and lung health, as well as increase your stamina and endurance.
2. Strengthens muscles: Burpees target multiple muscle groups, including the chest, arms, shoulders, back, abs, and legs. They are an effective way to build strength and tone your muscles, particularly your lower body, as you use your legs to power through the movement.
3. Burns calories and promotes weight loss: Burpees are a high-intensity exercise that burns a significant number of calories. By incorporating burpees into your workout routine, you can increase your metabolic rate, leading to greater calorie burn even after your workout is over. This can help promote weight loss and reduce body fat.
4. Improves flexibility and mobility: Burpees require you to move through different ranges of motion, such as squatting, jumping, and pushing up, making them an effective exercise for improving flexibility and mobility. They also require you to engage your core, which can improve your balance and stability.
5. Boosts mental resilience: Burpees are a challenging exercise that requires both physical and mental toughness. By pushing through the discomfort and fatigue, you can develop mental resilience and a greater sense of confidence and accomplishment.
This can translate into other areas of your life, such as work or personal relationships, where you may face difficult situations and need to push through discomfort to succeed.
6. Can be done anywhere: Burpees require no equipment and can be done anywhere, making them a convenient and accessible exercise for anyone.
7. Versatile exercise: Burpees can be modified and combined with other exercises to create a challenging and varied workout. They can be adapted to suit different fitness levels and goals, making them a versatile exercise for anyone looking to improve their fitness.
What are some safety tips while doing burpees?
While burpees are an effective and versatile exercise, it is important to practice proper technique and safety to avoid injury. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind when performing burpees:
1. Warm up properly: Before you start your burpee workout, it’s important to properly warm up your body. This can include light cardiovascular exercise such as jogging in place or jumping jacks, as well as dynamic stretching to prepare your muscles and joints for movement.
2. Maintain proper form: The proper form for burpees involves keeping your core engaged, your back straight, and your shoulders down and back. When performing the jump, land softly and bend your knees to absorb the impact. Avoid arching your back or letting your knees collapse inward.
3. Start with the basic burpee: If you’re new to burpees, start with the basic version and gradually work your way up to more advanced variations. It’s important to build strength and endurance gradually to avoid injury.
4. Modify the exercise as needed: If you have any injuries or limitations, it’s important to modify the exercise to accommodate your needs. For example, you can perform a modified push-up from your knees or skip the jump at the end of the movement.
5. Listen to your body: Pay attention to how your body is feeling during the exercise. If you experience pain or discomfort, stop and rest. It’s important to push yourself, but not to the point of injury.
By following these safety tips, you can ensure that you are performing burpees in a safe and effective manner. Remember to start gradually, focus on proper form, and listen to your body to avoid injury and maximize the benefits of the exercise.
In conclusion, burpees are a popular and effective full-body exercise that provide numerous physical and mental benefits. They work multiple muscle groups, boost cardiovascular fitness, burn calories, improve coordination and balance, increase flexibility and agility, build mental toughness, increase bone density, and are versatile and convenient to perform.
Burpees can be modified to suit different fitness levels and goals, and can be combined with other exercises to create a challenging and varied workout. Whether you are looking to lose weight, improve your strength, or simply increase your overall fitness level, burpees are a great exercise to incorporate into your fitness routine.
That is it from today’s post on How To Do Burpees Exercise Correctly. If you do not agree with the points in the post and have some of your own opinions, share them with us in the comments section down below. Keep visiting Real Fitness Soul for more information about Fitness and Health.
Chandan is the writer of “How To Do Burpees Exercise Correctly”. Also, Connect with me on Instagram and Facebook.